I find this stuff so that you don’t have to.
- Facebook’s ‘dark side': study finds link to socially aggressive narcissism – "Psychology paper finds Facebook and other social media offer platform for obsessions with self-image and shallow friendships."
- The UK Hackspace Foundation – "Hackerspaces are physical places where people can meet to learn, socialise and collaborate on projects."
- ‘The world hasn’t ended’: what happens when you give all staff access to social media – A great story – lessons for many organisations fearful of letting people loose on online networks.
- FixMyStreet’s been redesigned – A welcome new look for a still vital site.
- The university as a hackerspace | Expedient Means – "Like any programme of study, work and investment, it needs careful thinking about how to set it up right, but from where I stand, it feels like a gaping hole in higher education that needs to be filled. Do you know of any examples that are already running? A ‘MIT Media Lab lite’ could be close to what I have in mind, but I have no experience of how it’s run and whether it breaks down the distinction between academic and non-academic staff to the extent I have in mind."
You can find all my bookmarks on Pinboard.